ACADIA Conference

I am gearing up to attend the ACADIA conference in Chicago later this month. ACADIA is the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture. The image above is an image that I created in Rhino software for a conceptual project. I am looking forward to the conference. I looked at a preview of the papers being presented and they sound very scholarly. I was planning to take the REVIT workshop while at the conference, but they have cancelled it, so it looks like I will enroll in a local workshop instead. I am going to be teaching computer graphics in two studio courses next semester, and I imagine that the conference will be full of people with amazing ideas for CAD education. My friend and colleague that my husband Mike and I know from our work at Fallingwater will be there, Aron Temkin. He is in charge of the digital media courses in the school of Architecture at Florida Atlantic University, and I have already learned a great deal from him just by association. I am already working hard to prepare my classes for next semester at TCU. My students this semester are excited about learning and enthusiastic in their work. I am exceptionally proud of them. I look forward to what they will bring to the design profession.

Comments

  1. Have a great trip and learn a lot. Say "Hey" to Mike for me.

    Larry

    P.S. - Feel free to check out my blog too at http://www.LaneArchitecture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts