Packing for Travel


I took a class this week in REVIT Architecture, I learned so much!!!. I was so mentally and physically tired after three days of sitting in front of a computer that I now want to avoid it all together. I better get ready, because I am about to do it all over again this coming week, but in Chicago instead of Dallas. And, I freely admit it, I have never figured out how to travel light. But, this trip is going to be different. I think that I have finally reached the point where I care more about having to lug stuff about than looking fabulous under all possible circumstances (even though it isn't possible anyway). The other problem is that I love clothes. I started working at the age of 15 in order to buy clothes, and now my closet is stuffed to the brim. How is it that my closet is full of lovely clothes, but I never seem to have just the right combination for the circumstances??? I have yet to discover this. I leave next week on a simple trek - to a conference in Chicago to learn how other professionals and educators in the design fields are approaching technology in architecture. I don't expect that I will need extra special attire - just comfortable and presentable. I expect rain - that's the clencher. I have a basic trench coat, but somehow it seems tired and unfashionable. I have a casual wind breaker, but maybe it is too casual?? I have a great black leather jacket with a zip out lining - but it doesn't seem flexible enough. The decisions are gut wrenching. But, I am vowing not to buy anything new to cram into my closet except for a better umbrella. Thank goodness for Eileen Fisher. Her clothes always work for dressing high or low - now to choose. . .

Comments

Popular Posts