Pantone 19-4053 TPX


I got the coolest bag at SAIC (Art Institute Chicago) a couple of months ago. And, anyone who knows me, knows how much I love the nuances of color. My Masters Thesis was about color and architecture. This bag had my name written all over it. A little over 20 years ago, Mike went along with me on a research grant to France and Switzerland to study the use of color by the iconic architect Le Corbusier. On that trip, we hauled as many color samples as we could carry to document the architectural sites. Pantone was one of the sets I carried. Pantone is probably more well known in graphic design circles - it is the standard for print. Recently, though, Pantone has expanded their color system to include paint for architecture.
What is really interesting, is that this bag is very nearly the color I chose for my business cards and letterhead graphics over 10 years ago. I probably should have bought two of them for when this one wears out.

Comments

Popular Posts