Summer is at an End

Wow, what an amazing and eventful summer!
Alec graduated from high school.
I traveled to Colorado, Wyoming, Belize, Hondurus, Cozumel, and of course DENTON.
Last Thursday I received an amazing and prestigious National ASID Chapter Educator Medalist award at the Legacy  of Design awards in Dallas.
Alec left Sunday morning for UNT. School starts Monday for both of us.
I finished all of my required CEUs in health, safety, and welfare in order to maintain my RID with a couple of extra to spare while at MetroCon, in Dallas last week.

I've been forcibly slowed by a 9 mm kidney stone that was blasted by sound waves (lithotripsy) very early this morning. I'm glad to have that behind me, whew!  I look forward to feeling better.

I am so hopeful about a positive year teaching at TCU since we have new leadership in the department and the resignation of a negative influence.  I also have a workable teaching schedule, finishing at 11 am everyday.  I still need to complete my teaching & creative portfolios by mid-September - doable!  Some very good things on the horizon for the Shannons and Inside Inc.  Some really outstanding projects on the boards and on a waiting list.

Here's to looking forward.

Comments

Popular Posts